Sterling F4 Personal Escape Rated Descent DeviceST-HWF4R
Designed to allow easy horizontal movement, a smooth sill transition and a controlled vertical descent.
The auto-locking feature allows for a hands-free exit from the structure, while the slim profile integrates easily with turnout gear and keeps the F4 out of the way during regular operations. Versatile for right or left-handed users.
Dimensions: 6 x 2inches
NFPA 1983: Escape Descent Device
FOR USE WITH KERNMANTLE NFPA 1983:2006 CERTIFIED ESCAPE CLASS ROPES WITH A DIAMETER RANGE OF 7.5MM – 9MM ONLY
- Single-handed horizontal movement. The F4 is designed to allow easy horizontal movement towards the point of egress. Simply squeezing the lever allows the rope to play through smoothly and quickly, for fast movement from the anchor point to your chosen egress.
- Hands-free edge transition. The auto-locking feature adds security and confidence for a hands-free bailout. Once at the window or egress point, pulling a few extra feet of rope through the device provides some play. Then simply letting go of the device engages the auto lock, and allowing the escaping firefighter both hands free to climb through the exit point without fear of falling.
- Hands-on descent. Once safely through the egress, and ready to descend, the operator can grip the F4 in one hand, and the free end of the rope in the other, to begin a, controlled rappel to safety. The fire fighter must use both hands to operate the F4 and rope. The brake hand controls the speed of descent.
- Hands off to stop. Just release the lever to activate the brake. This is both a safety and a fail-safe. An unconscious or injured firefighter who is unable to maintain pressure on the lever will stop automatically—preventing a dangerous fall and providing time for a rescue.
FEATURES and BENEFITS:
- Unique, patent pending design by Sterling has only one moving part for maximum simplicity
- Weighs just 6 oz.
- Can stop or control the descent of over 300 lbs. of firefighter and gear.
- Sleek low-profile shape packs easily in many bag styles
- Low-profile body machined from lightweight, ultra-strong 6061 aircraft grade aluminum
- Smoothly beveled holes make threading fast and easy, with no abrasion of the rope as it moves through the device.
- Squeezing the handle releases the rope to allow easy horizontal movement or descent.
- Auto-locking system lets firefighter employ a hands-free bailout when at the window or chosen egress
- Allows multiple anchor options
- Certified to NFPA 1983:2012 edition for Escape
- The F4 is certified individually as a Descent Control Device
- *The F4 is also certified as part of an Escape System with FireTech and SafeTech escape ropes from Sterling.
- MADE IN U.S.A.
UL Certified to meet NFPA 1983:2012 edition standard on life safety rope and equipment for emergency services.
NOTE: Safe use of the F4 REQUIRES TRAINING AND PRACTICE. Sterling Rope strongly recommends all personnel receive training from a professional instructor.
- Dimensions: 6" x 2"
- Weight: 6 oz
- MBS: 3,035 lbs | 13.5 kN
- Rope Size: 7.5 mm to 9 mm
- Material: Hard-Anodized 6061 Grade Aluminum
- Approved Ropes*:
- Sterling FireTech 32™
- Sterling EscapeTech™
- Sterling SafeTech
- Sterling 8mm PER
Manufactured in the USA 🇺🇸 by Yates gear
We Also Recommend
Sterling FCX Descent Device w/9in. Technora extension-NFPA Personal Escape Rated #FCXT9
Sterling Escape Kit Pocket Bag #MDBAGP50
Sterling FCX Descent Device -NFPA Personal Escape Rated
Lightning Hook NFPA Escape Anchor #HWHOOKLS