CMC MPD™ (MULTI-PURPOSE DEVICE)CC-333000
2021 SPECIAL: any two MPDs at $589.97 each when purchasing a pair‼️‼️‼️(Email: email@example.com for coupon)
The MPD allows you to go from lowering to raising or progress capture without changing hardware.
More than nine years of research and development went into the patented Multi-Purpose Device (MPD), which features major innovations in advanced technical hardware for rope rescue professionals.
The MPD’s high-efficiency pulley, with an integral rope-grab mechanism, allows it to be used as a lowering device on the main line and belay line systems and be quickly changed over to a raising system without switching out or replacing hardware.
The combination of essential features into a single device simplifies on-scene rigging, expediting the rescue. The revolutionary MPD increases user safety with:
- Reduced Weight
- Fewer Components
- Faster Rigging
- Quick Changeovers
- Simplified Training
- Lower Risk
The MPD is UL Classified as a Pulley, Descent Control, and Belay device.
- Variable-friction descent control device for rescue systems and rappels
- Incorporates a high efficiency pulley with an integral rope-locking mechanism (ratchet) for a haul system/progress capture
- Built-in becket allows cleaner rigging and more efficient pulley systems
- Allows main line and belay line rigging to be mirrored or twin-tensioned
- Functions as both a lowering brake and as a ratcheting pulley for raising
- Ideal for confined space operations because it converts rapidly to a retrieval line
The MPD includes a protective Cordura® nylon storage bag and MPD User’s Manual.
*13 mm version designed for use with 12.5 – 13 mm rope. Rope used for certification rounded up to 13 mm per NFPA 1983. The 11 mm model is designed for and tested with 11 mm rope. 11 mm model UL rated “T” Technical Use for descent control.
Manufactured in the USA 🇺🇸 by
Rock Exotica/Thompson Manufacturing
|Option||Item||WEIGHT||ROPE SIZE||COLOR||NFPA RATING (PULLEY, BELAY)||NFPA RATING (DESCENT CONTROL)||3 SIGMA MBS PULLEY|
|11 mm Model||333010||1.2 KG (2.6 LB)||11 MM (7/16 IN)||SLATE BLUE||GENERAL USE||TECHNICAL USE||49 KN (11,015 LBF)|
|13 mm Model||333000||1.2 KG (2.6 LB)||13 MM (1/2 IN)||RED||GENERAL USE||GENERAL USE||49 KN (11,015 LBF)|
We Also Recommend
Petzl Rig Compact Self-Braking Descender
Petzl ID descender Large 11.5-13mm fit
ISC D4 Work Rescue Descender Double stop anti panic-ANSI RATED-10.5-11.5mm (7/16")fit
RT Victim Harness - 3 Clik-Lok Buckles and leg storage pouch